Connect TV transforms Digital Terrestrial Television, enabling new models for delivering content to Connected DTT devices and for interacting with viewers
- Connect TV launched the first live streaming channel on DTT. Our service enables content owners to have their own live TV channel, with a dedicated channel number on the DTT EPG, which viewers can access in the same way on every television, simply by pressing the channel number, or selecting the channel from the programme guide.
- Unlike other connected TV services, this means that viewers access the service via their normal TV behaviour, not by having to look elsewhere for content.
- It also means that content owners can promote their services very simply ‘Find us on Freeview Channel 123’ for example.
- The cost of having a channel on DTT, using the Connect TV service, is a great deal less than conventional DTT broadcast. Of course, there are fewer DTT connected devices able to receive these services, than the whole universe of DTT devices – but the numbers are growing fast. FutureSource Consulting predict over 14 million Freeview HD devices in UK homes by the end of 2012 all of which are Connectable.
- Using our leading expertise in MHEG, Connect TV offer clients the ability to create portals of channels, within one EPG number. This allows content owners to offer bundles of content, with access through an expertly designed user interface, using the TV remote control.
- Connect TV also allow content owners to offer their service at a ‘portal level’ aggregated with the services of other content owners, and at a lower cost than the unique channel level.
- Connect TV will be launching a number of aggregated services in the coming months, which will include portals grouped by genre. Content owners can take a position for their services within a genre, at a lower cost than at the unique channel level, or portal level. Services are identical to those at the other two levels, they are simply two clicks of the remote control, away from the EPG.
Hybrid channels – DTT&IPTV
- Due to the limited availability of DTT spectrum, and its high cost, some broadcasters choose to only broadcast for a few hours a day.
- Soon, using the Connect TV service on Freeview HD, existing broadcasters will be able to offer a 24/7 service, with additional features and channels, that launch from the existing Freeview channel.
- Connect TV can create a ‘Red Button’ service that is available during broadcast hours, that could offer viewers other channels from the same broadcaster, video on demand and other, media rich services.
- Outside broadcast hours, the main channel could be broadcast over IP, providing the broadcaster with a 24/7 service, that combines the reach of conventional DTT, with the breadth of IPTV, all on the same channel.
- Connect TV’s analytical platform (Patent Pending) offers an unparalleled opportunity to measure viewing behaviour.
- Each action of viewers can be captured anonymously, and analysed in real time, or collated and analysed in retrospect.
- These analytics can be used by broadcasters to refine their services, and by advertisers to optimise their impact. Given the size of the Connected DTT device universe, the Connect TV platform is already the largest TV viewing behaviour platform in the UK.
- Connect TV can work with you to help you deliver additional services and revenue streams like subscription, transactional, ad insertion and VOD services.